Thursday, October 13, 2011

The Best Days

I am very thankful that I get to be with these two guys each day.  Here is Rae playing hide and seek with us.  She enjoys climbing in and on everything...including large appliances!  She has finally taken her first steps, but still prefers crawling to walking.  She is also good at making animal noises (especially the Henderson LION).!  It is pretty funny during the football games. 



Here she is doing a little "sleep eating" as we like to call it.  All three of my kids have done this. 


Now for this little guy, I have to tell a story.  Those of you who know his daddy well will appreciate how much like him he is.  Ty wanted to be a superhero for Halloween this year.  I guess he actually wanted to be one last year, but we talked him into a football player because we already had stuff for that.  This year, we were definitely getting something to make him a superhero.  We went to Walmart, and he decided he would most like to be Batman.  I picked up the costume and you would have thought I gave him a million dollars.  He was so excited he didn't know what to do.  He has worn that costume at least twice every day for the last week.  Here is the funny story.  One day last week I was cleaning the bathroom and the babies were sleeping.  He came bopping in there as "Batman" talking to me about something.  When he got ready to leave, I said "Hey, where are you going  Ty?"  Basically, I was trying to remind him not to go in his room because one of the babies was in there.  He looks at me like I should know and says, "Mom, I'm going to save the city."  It's funny because he said it like you would say, "I'm going to get a drink of water, or play outside, or something like that."  Too funny!!






3 comments:

  1. oh my word..... That is the cutest thing ever!!!! I love that super hero.. Go save the city Ty Joe.:) Matt did say that you shouldn't share the super hero's true identity..:)))Just kiddin' Love ya'll

    ReplyDelete
  2. And he was an awesome super hero while trick or treating! Funny how fast they catch on to "find the house with the light on".

    ReplyDelete
  3. And, could you blow up that first picture of Rae for me to hang in my classroom? That face just makes me smile over and over and over again!

    ReplyDelete